|Original language||English (US)|
|Title of host publication||Worlding Cities|
|Subtitle of host publication||Asian Experiments and the Art of being Global|
|Number of pages||28|
|State||Published - Jul 14 2011|
All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes
- Social Sciences(all)
- "planned-ness," an attribute of urban space key - determination of legality, planned
- Calculative deficiencies - and turn to aesthetic norms
- Delhi Development Authority (DDA) - visual appearance of future mall, project's planned-ness
- Delhi's contemporary "worlding" experiment - slum residents, into image of world-class city
- Delhi's hosting of 2010 Commonwealth Games - making Delhi a "world-class city"
- Juridical category of "nuisance" - any "offense to sense of sight, smell, or hearing"
- Rule by aesthetics - world-class city making in Delhi
- Shiv Camp, making "sensible" a world-class aesthetic - myth of private property and "good life"
- Shiv Camp, private property - house posters, retaining pastoral landscapes in devotional posters
- World-class aesthetics, courts establishing slums - obstacle to Delhi, becoming a world-class city